Sunday Morning Worship: 10:45 AM
Midday Moments, Wednesday 10:00 AM
Youth Group (Grades 7-12): Wednesday 7:00 PM
It was with heavy hearts that we, the Elder board, saw the wisdom in making the decision to temporarily suspend our in-person services back in March. Now, it is with joyful hearts that we, after much prayer and discussion, have developed a plan to safely reopen our church.
As we have stated before, our chief aims in this process have been, and remain, to share the good news of the Gospel, care for our congregation, maintain our witness in the community, and honor our God. We are convinced that we can and will continue to accomplish those goals, but we need your help.
We need you, the Church of Jesus Christ, to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace, (Eph. 4:3) to look not only to you own interests, but also to the interests of others, (Phil. 2:4) and to put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. (Col. 3:14)
As of now, our target date for reopening is June 28th. We have landed on this date because, by that time, health guidelines should allow for groups of 50 or fewer to meet in person.
Therefore, in order to do our best to keep in compliance with those guidelines, as well as to continue to accomplish our own goals, we have planned for the following:
- Holding a Worship Service at 9am and an identical Worship Service at 11am
- Using the hour between services to sanitize seats, door handles, etc.
- Making use of “staggered seating” throughout the Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall
- Initially, we will *not* be providing childcare (Children’s Church or Nursery)
- Continuing to steam services online for those who choose to stay home for their safety
- Continuing to provide PBCKids! Video devotionals for children to watch on Sunday
Additionally, we are asking that we all, as a congregation, would follow, until further notice, these few suggestions for the sake of those brothers and sisters in our midst who have compromised immune systems.
- Wear a face mask when you are inside the building and within 6 feet of someone else
- Refrain from handshakes and hugs
- Move extended conversations outdoors in order to avoid congestion in the hallway or fellowship hall
- The Fellowship Hall will be designated as a full-time mask area
We understand that these suggestions are not ideal. We also want to do everything we
can to foster community and maintain good fellowship. However, we do believe that, for
a time, this will be necessary in order for us to correctly care for one another and
maintain our witness to the world around us that is watching.
Words cannot fully describe how sweet and wonderful it will be when we are able to
reconnect in person! It is with great anticipation and joy that we look forward to this time.
Please continue to be prayer for us as we pray for you.
With Great Love and Respect,
The Elder Board of Palos Bible Church